Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lists....Lists...Lists

It is now 12:58 a.m. and I am still awake. Awake because I am cleaning up the mess left from constructing gingerbread houses, which by the way will also be a mess tomorrow because the royal icing didn't set up fast enough so we couldn't put the roofs on our homes! So, here they stand.....alone until tomorrow when we can adorn them. Where I am going to showcase them I haven't a clue!
Gettin' ready to do some royal icing damage......
Peek-a-boo Becca......
Peek-a-boo Rochelle.......
Knock, knock....is anybody home???
The gingerbread homes ready to be roofed!!
I am also awake because I have been going over in my mind what ingredients and groceries I need to pick up tomorrow morning when I do my "final" shopping for Christmas dinner. Desserts still need to be made...pies, butter tarts, and icing the rest of the gingerbread cookies. Turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, carrots and italian sausage, green bean casserole, and dinner rolls. A feast! I can't wait for the leftovers! Mmmm.....turkey sandwiches with mayonnaise and cranberry sauce! Yum!

Then, on the agenda for tomorrow is to wrap ALL of the Christmas presents. Yes, you read right.....ALL....which means that none at this moment are wrapped. Why does this happen every year? I seriously need to get organized and do the wrapping as I buy the gifts! I haven't learned from my mistakes! So, upstairs in my craft room lay all the bags, boxes, etc. of gifts waiting to be prettily adorned with red paper....bows.....gift bag beauty. I have also decided that this year NONE of the Christmas stocking items will be wrapped. This takes up so much time (precious time I might add) and they just get torn up right away anyways. That's my philosophy and I'm stickin' to it!

I hope I survive these next couple of days!

2 comments:

Fragile Mill said...

Great blog

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Ahhh, how cute you both are!!! Looks like it was a fun day!

xo