Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Kitchen Project

I have been wanting to do this for a while now...to finish off the look in my black, stainless steel kitchen. My white dishwasher just isn't quite cutting it - it sticks out like a sore thumb!
So, off to Home Depot I went and bought all the supplies needed to make my dishwasher "purdy"! A little black paint goes a long way....
And then nothing says "purdy" like a nice shiny piece of nostalgic looking tin to reface the "wallflower" of a white dishwasher...
This little gem is on it's way to being the belle of the ball, or in this case the "belle of the kitchen"...
And then she can join these other two "belle's" to completing the "right" look for this particular kitchen!
And, instead of taking up precious time doing this project, I should instead be tackling this pile on my dining room table....the pile of sorting, filing, etc. for those yucky yearly taxes!
I suppose it's incentive enough that this weekend is Easter and we will have to use our table for Easter dinner...and the fact that the centerpiece would look so much better if it didn't have to share the table with this mess!
When I'm finished with both projects (dishwasher and taxes) I will show you the outcomes of them!

No comments: