Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just...Another...Blog...Post

Yes, it's just another blog post...from my little ol' blog...so dull, or so it seems these days after reading many other people's blogs and the great things they have to share, or the great wisdom they have, or the great stories they tell. Mine just does not compare to all those other great ones and it makes me feel like I should take a break from here and really save up my stories or go back to school and really educate myself on how to write really inspirational things so that other people reading my blog will feel like I do after I read theirs! I guess I was just meant to be a "plain jane" type of blogger and to bore you with my many endless photos of my house, or my yard, or my children, blah, blah, blah....

So, once again here I go. This was what we were doing yesterday...
Dismantling a structure (two posts with fencing) where the ivy, clematis, and dead rose plants had taken over...
It is a mess now, but by the end of the summer I expect it to be a thing of beauty. Our plan is to plant cedar trees along the fence line between our neighbors and our yard and then build an arbor with a brick patio area where we can have an outdoor wood stove to have fires at night (without the city knowing of course!). I then want to plant new climbing roses, clematis, or wisteria to grow up and over the arbor. Ambitious huh!
So, right now as I type this post my two daughters are loading up this mangled mess into the truck to haul it away to the dump....it's so nice to have young help who have their driver's licenses!

2 comments:

shabbyscraps said...

rochelle, there is a lot of comfort in the familar, and everybody likes to have things in common! hearing about your daily life need not be exciting all the time, I love to hear everyday things! It connects us all! I have been working feverishly all weekend out in the yard, I think all of us pacific northwesterns know we need to get out there and make "hay when the sun shines" because we all know we will be in for 7 or 8 months of rain after this! Thanks for sharing with us!
xoxo, Tiffany

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Boring? Doesn't compare? Girl, stop talking like that because believe it or not...I LOVE coming here to check on you and see what you've been doing!

I don't like to work in my yard...it's too hot here in Louisiana so I come here to see all of your pretty hydrangeas and your beautiful yard!!! So I for one totally appreciate you sharing your life with us...it's totally fascinating to me.
Plus, you always make me wish that I was sitting on that pretty porch patio of yours!!!!
everything vintage